The Mystery of Dark Matter (Lesson)
Students use stretchy fabric and marbles to make predictions and observations about orbital motion. These concepts are then extended to make connections to how the orbits of objects can be affected by the presence of dark matter.
- Lesson Plans: The Mystery of Dark Matter
- Videos: The Mystery of Dark Matter (approx. 30 min)
- Activities: Gravity and Orbital Motion; Video Summary (worksheets and solutions)
- Supplementary Materials: Dark Matter in a Nutshell and more
- Teacher-provided Materials: Stretchy fabric, marbles
(Note: all lesson plans and worksheets provided as PDFs and modifiable MS Word documents)
Intended Audience: Junior High (Gr 9-10), Senior High (Gr 11-12)
Lesson Topics: Astronomy, Circular Motion, Gravity
This individual lesson plan is part of The Mystery of Dark Matter lesson compilation.