An Introduction to Dark Matter
The fascinating topic of dark matter is introduced with hands-on demonstrations and supplemented with an original and contemporary video featuring interviews with leading researchers in the field. Students will assess their comprehension with a video summary worksheet.
- Lesson plans: An Introduction to Dark Matter
- Videos: The Mystery of Dark Matter (approx. 30 min)
- Activities: Video Summary (worksheet and solutions)
- Demonstrations: Uniform Circular Motion; Gravitational Lensing
- Supplementary Materials: Dark Matter in a Nutshell and more
- Teacher-provided Materials: Centripetal motion apparatus (string, rubber stopper, washers, plastic tube, paper clip)
(Note: all lesson plans and worksheets provided as PDFs and modifiable MS Word documents)
Intended Audience: Senior High (Gr 11-12)
Lesson Topics: Astronomy, Circular Motion, Gravity
This individual lesson plan is part of The Mystery of Dark Matter lesson compilation.